Sunday, April 27, 2008

Opening World War II Memorial 2004

An email from Frank after attending the opening of the World War II Memorial with George, his Dad.


Hi Annette:

We just got back from there. It was an UNBELIEVABLE experience. I'm downloading the pictures now and I'll send them to you. It is absolutely beautiful. And the weather was perfect. Hell, everything was perfect! My dad had people coming up to him thanking him. A leader of a boy scout troup asked him if he could introduce his troop to my dad, and he told them stories....was awesome. My father was very moved and so proud to be there. And we talked about how we finally did everything we set out to do in the essay I wrote. He was waiting for me at the finish line, and I was waiting for him at the memorial....perfect!

Frank

No comments: